View Single Post
Old 10-23-2015, 10:39 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Wow!! And I thought my build was a "celebration of wood" lol. Is anything missing here?? This pretty much covers the ENTIRE gambit of wood.

This guitar will likely be like your other builds...amazingly pleasing to the eye and also to the tonal pallet. I'll be interested to watch it develop!
Thanks Woody,

It's certainly my pleasure to work with these woods. The variety is endless and quite inspirational!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckS View Post
Hey Mark,
Your build threads have been great. I'm really liking the aesthetics of the woods you are using on this cedar/walnut Josie.

Would you notice much tonal difference, or build differently, in cedar vs redwood used with walnut in an OMish body? Or, do you tend to use cedar vs redwood depending on what type of walnut you use (black, bostogne, claro)?
Thanks ChuckS,

I find for the way I build, that Redwood wants to be a little brighter and have a bit more overtones then Cedar. I would more quickly match Redwood up with a softer Claro than the harder Bastogne. That all depends on what we're going for though. Generally, if I felt I needed to bump up the treble over what I'd expect from cedar, Redwood would be a consideration.

Sorry, that's a bit vague but I guess it should be like that in the world of generalizations.

Mark

"A conclusion is the place where you got tired of thinking".
Steven Wright