View Single Post
Old 05-07-2019, 07:25 PM
Get off my lawn kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Now some really weird denoise artifact. Just call the airport and tell them you are about to record some music.
Do you mean that ringing kinda artifact?

I may have overdone the eq on the reverb possibly.

Hmm, I'll delete that and try again.

Ok, I think I have it. My speaker's aren't that great though, but to me it sounds better - no plane or other strange noises that I can hear anyway. I changed and reduced the reverb.

Anyway, I think this is doable. I have to slow myself down and learn SW's style, which will result in a big improvement for me and this should trickle down to my own compositions.

Once I get a few more covers of his arrangements under my belt I'll start off with some simple short compositions of my own and try to mimick his arranging and playing style and see what happens.

The difficult part to learn is I guess what is called his "phrasing." My reading of notation isn't that advanced, so its probably me, but I'm not 100% sure of it. What he writes and what he plays kinda of get lost in translation somehow. It will take a while for me to get used to it.

I can take a score by Al Petteway and play it. It's pretty straight forward stuff. Wake's notations have a different sort of learning curve for me. It's not a speed thing but an interpretation thing. I'm learning though and having fun with this.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

Last edited by TBman; 05-07-2019 at 08:54 PM.