View Single Post
Old 03-20-2019, 03:48 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobo View Post
.....Tom says: "Super satisfying bing-bong on this Model L baritone. Given this is my first Bari (with a boat load of wild features besides), I’ve left the braces a little taller than I normally would to afford me a little room to manoeuvre once the guitar is complete via retro-active soundhole voicing. As such the top has a much higher frequency and a sustain character that I’m not used to hearing. I actually really like it. Guitars are so gosh darn interesting!"
Yeah the bing-bong on a bari can be awesome. I remember getting mine and finding that, after playing the baritone for a while, when I played a standard guitar it sounded thin and tinny. In many cases the baritone body is of similar size to a standard guitar, so I am guessing the change in sound is partly due to the way the builder tunes the body of a baritone to optimise its interaction with the lower notes that it will create.

Great photos again by the way. I think that Tom and his photographer could even make washing the dishes look like a creative and worthwhile endeavour! Keep them coming Dan