View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 10:58 AM

Well, another McJam has come and gone and as usual I feel inspired and renewed. I didn't come away with a McKnight guitar but that's OK. Someday. I need to embezzle funds from the family coffers and hide it away.

I get more out of mingling with the other attendees - even if it doesn't seem like it sometimes! I always enjoy seeing Tim and Mary and the rest of the family and the regular attendees who have sort of become family in a way as well. I won't "out" the people who took home guitars but you know who you are. Thank you for letting me play them for you though! I'm happy for all of you and only moderately jealous!

My high points are as always the greetings and the low points are the goodbyes. Some people were conspicuously absent (and missed) but there were plenty of welcome and familiar faces and even some new ones too to offset any feelings of being glum. I love seeing the joy in new McKnight owners and hearing their stories. It REALLY helps when they bring BBQ and Brisket though! Yum yum yum!

Now for my confession. Being loft security should come with hazardous duty pay! Being nearly 50 I should have divulged on the safety waiver that I do have to get up to use the potty at least once a night. When I tiptoed to the loft door after we'd already said our good nights and I opened it it set off the earsplitting alarm. I was thankful that I still had full control of my faculties!

The squirrels in Morral already fear Tim for good reason though. I know that the neighbors can be ruffians too but I hope that was the air gun!

Even though next year is lucky #13 and I nearly got into a fender bender on Rt. 23 (where a local and his wife riding in a large Buick in my blind spot gave me the Hawaiian Good Luck Sign) I'm looking forward to it. Next year I will pack and plan accordingly - I promise. I'll be there with bells on!