View Single Post
Old 09-14-2019, 04:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I've read that comment many times over the years, for Fender to build more hardtail Strats. I too would fall into that camp. I never put the bar in my Strats.

I don't know if Fender would sell enough hardtails or whether stores would stock up on them. Perhaps an FSR Professional series and a Players series Hardtail would be a good market test.
Thanks Dru. I'm adding your name to the list of supporters. I think that those who contributed ways of turning a Strat w/trem into a functioning hardtail might be missing the point. If amateur and professional Strat players are using different ways to circumvent factory equipment then maybe, just maybe, the factory itself should be producing more Strat options that don't have built-in trem in the first place...

I recently re-purchased a Robert Cray Strat that I'd previously (and foolishly) sold, and it reminded me that the Strat minus trem is an option that deserves to see more daylight in the marketplace. I like Dru's idea about a few select models to test the market...
Martin D18 Ambertone
Martin 000-15sm