View Single Post
Old 11-01-2013, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishrogue
And, dneal...just because you say you noticed John Williams playing a guitar that was strung differently than I recommended, doesn't prove me incorrect. One or two out all the thousands of professional classical guitarists? You must be joking! I have seen guitars strung incorrectly (IMO) on manufacturer's websites...but show me some documentation, and I'll at least consider amending my statements. If you can prove me "dead wrong" I'm not too proud and more than willing to do whatever you feel is appropriate, but until that times comes, you're just blowin' more hot air! And I'm lovin' it!
Ok, so Williams is stringing his guitar wrong, or some student did it for him and the maestro didn't notice he was going to end up playing a few cents flat.

Let's look at Sharon Isbin. Man, she's got it wrong too. Maybe it's just that one picture. Dangit, she's done it again!!!

How about Paco de Lucia? Oh, he doesn't count since he plays flamenco. They do everything wrong.

Let's stick to the classical players. JULIAN BREAM HAS HIS WRONG TOO?!?!?. This is getting ridiculous.

Ok, we're going to have to go old school and check on the true Maestro, Andres Segovia. GAAAAHHHHH!!!! Doesn't anyone know how to string their guitars the right way?