View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBmusic View Post
I dropped Comcast cable last month

Found an antenna with AC power, shown as 55 miles range (we're about 30 miles from Boston).

Able to get about 20 broadcast stations with it.

So of course my wife wanted this added to the upstairs tvs, too. Got a set of 2different antennas. Got them set up, antennas positioned, everything worked fine.

Then all of a sudden last Friday, none of the antennas were picking up all the broadcast stations any longer - they each picked up a few only.

I played with the living room antenna position last night with no luck getting all the stations back - where before I was getting a couple of 'green lights' with the signal strength indicator, now I'm not.
By the way, interesting timing. According to an article over at Boston-area TV stations are shifting to make room for mobile data, beginning the week of July 30, 2019: "Many Boston-area TV stations are shifting their spot on the airwaves this week, requiring people who use over-the-air antennas to rescan their television sets to find them again." And this, as well: "Nine major Boston stations, including the main networks and PBS, will be making the transition between now and Friday." "The Boston-area stations changing frequencies include CBS 4, ABC 5, Fox 25, NBC 10, PBS 44, PBS 2, UniMas 27, Channel 68, and Channel 23."

Re-scan and see what happens.

Last edited by Inyo; 08-16-2019 at 07:06 PM.