View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

That's why I was curious.

I originally felt like my two closest guitars weren't really the same thing but I have recently finding myself getting very strat like tones from the split on the Anderson cobra S in particular. Although it is 24.75 and there is. A very obvious visual resemblance with the body shape and bolt on necks.

I've never been particularly drawn to actual Strats for some reason. I think mostly just the look has put me off. Some of the new super strat models look interesting though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s2y View Post
Some of those are important, like the bolt-on 25.5" scale maple neck with a RW or maple fretboard.

Nut....nah.

Some, definitely not all, humbuckers can split well. The JB in my ancient Kramer Pacers and Duncan Hyperion in my Ibanez AZ both split well, which delivers a nice single coil and single bridge+middle.

The 2 knob config might make a theoretical tonal difference, but not something that's likely audible in a band mix.

While it's true that a Floyd might change the tone a little, even Fender is offering modern 2 point options. Much more responsive to subtle vibrato and stays in tune better.

As for the name on the headstock, plenty of people have been using different brands, mismatched parts, parts builds, etc. It was never meant to be a perfect or magic formula. The intent was mass production and reasonable price.