View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 03:25 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmed Life Picks View Post
If you had any idea how hard it is to polish these things, Silly, you'd be shocked. Because of its hardness, it shows EVERY little scratch and imperfection. It hates water and heat. I often spend more than an hour polishing a single pick.

You have no idea.

Scott
S'cuse me Scott, please see my other threads where I have described my recent experiments in finishing Tortex picks. I am more than aware of the challenge.

The point of the exercise was to see whether it is better to buy a cheap pick and finish it yourself, or to buy a fully finished pick such as a Wegen or Blue Chip.
After a few failures, the purple tortex picks produced a pretty nice finish, but I don't yet know how they'll wear. I also tried some Ultex picks which were even harder to work.

My left hand is still sore from the experiment so I'll not be buying unfinished picks again. My conclusion is that considering the labour involved - it makes sense to me to buy properly finished items.