View Single Post
Old 05-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Yep, I sinned again. While I did play my Emerald X7 for a while this morning, I worked on a music project without carbon fiber later. In fact, without an acoustic guitar for the first time in about 25 years.

I got a Fender Mustang Micro (recommended by our own Jon (jonfields45), and took some time today to record with it. I posted this on the Electric Guitar sub-forum, but thought some here might have some interest in what the other side (nothing dark about it) is doing.

--------

It was a rainy day in the Tropical Tip, so a good opportunity to make some music with the Fender Mustang Micro...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAxYkw57j8w

First time in about 25 years that I made music with (gasp) no acoustic guitar somewhere in the mix. The music tracks were recorded with a Spire Studio. The guitar parts were direct into the Spire, through the Fender Mustang Micro - no amp, no Spire amp effect. Bass and electronic drums direct in, vocals through a Yamaha mixer then into the Spire.

Video shot with an iPhone, then all edited in iMovie. Fun project; the music took less than an hour, another hour to shoot the video, and a couple hours to edit.

I give the Fender Mustang Micro two thumbs up. My aging back gives it three thumbs up.