View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 01:12 PM

I've installed K&K Minis in a CO-DR and CH-WS. In both cases I felt the results were excellent given reasonable expectations from K&K's in other guitars.

The typical K&K removal method with a razor blade will not work for CF weave. It might be possible with acetone to get one out gently. Given the guitar will outlast the pickup (or at least the owner's interest in any particular pickup), I've been using an HFN passive lately (mine is installed with the supplied adhesive tape). I've got a second HFN on order for my other parlor. With EQ (bass boost and treble cut) I think it is a big step up from a K&K towards sounding like a true acoustic guitar. Without EQ it is too brittle sounding (win to the K&K for plug and play). It is less output than a K&K but works OK direct to my Hi-Z mixer inputs and guitar amp (the tone controls on the amp or mixer are all that is needed for EQ).

I'll put a plug in for Ted at Blue Star Music. He is a great source for pickups and actually supports the product if you need help.
IR Demo, read the description too: https://youtu.be/SELEE4yugjE
My duo's website and my email... [email protected]

Jon Fields