View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 12:09 PM

Cool My Solution

Like yourself I've been soling , when I layed with other musicians I have/had lots of sound re enforcement
gear - amps - speakers et cetera . I have downsized my set up .

I have a off the grid system and a small room P.A. SS old timey Polytone that is killer for acoustic guitar - blues harps
and an electric bass guitar .

For my off grid I've been using a Mackie FreePlay 150 Watter RMS which is quite versatile . I like it for several reasons
one being it's lithium ion battery runs it 10 hours . Two : In conjunction with the FreePlay it's quite a system as is .

I'm doubling up with a second unit they sound that good on pole mounts . A second one on a mount will do fine
and not break my back setting up or breaking down .

Gig bag allows you to use it while playing to protect it from light rain/fog , heavy humid weather . I'll be moving
to Hawaii in a couple of months Even while mounted to the pole the gig bag works .

A subwoofer to this set up is what I'm building up towards . Hard finding a self powered subwoofer - looks like
I'm going to have to make one - no biggy .

I use a T.C.Helicon VoiceLive 3 Extreme for my 000 acoustic resonator & Spanish classical acoustic nylon with the
T.C.H.MP-76 , I also play a Roland GR33 guitar synth through the Mackie - sounds really good . I also run my
electric guitar through it with the T.C.H.VL3X .

The FreePlay is a great little muscle machine FRFR P.A. it does well in small coffee shop venues stand alone just
acoustic electric dread one mic and my harps . It's FX are solid - 3 channels . Stereo Aux in /Bluetooth controlled .

EZ :

HR
Life has always been interesting to me