View Single Post
Old 04-27-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfyfoot View Post
Me too, John has got me excited to play the ultimate fingerstyle guitar, from every post here and elsewhere, John is a classy individual whose passion remains focused.

See you there John, and if any guitars need any help opening up, happy to help with anything, I am planning on having time (and worn out callouses) on my hands at Healdsburg
Rob
Whoa now... Who ever mentioned classy?! :P

Thanks for the nice words, but I assure you I've made more mistakes than I care to admit! I do like to think I do well though on learning from my own failures, admitting when I'm wrong and correcting the issue in myself so as not to repeat them. I suppose that's the most we can ask for from each other.

As for passion and focus... I do have both in spades. That can get me in trouble too though! I'm the type of personality where if I set goals for myself there is almost nothing that will stop me from getting there. My goal is to be the best luthier that I can possibly be, and I've got another half century of building ahead of me, Lord willing, to get as close to that goal as humanly possible.

These new models and new voicing have been quite the renascentia for me. I'm excited to share that with you all. The best fingerstyle guitar of the bunch might just be the one I've not really shown much of. It's a Beam Brazilian/European GC with a cut. If my hunches are right by listening to the boxes it's going to be a treat! It will feature inlay by Jimmi Wingert.

What I find interesting is no matter what I do I still find my tonal signature coming through no matter what the bracing. The voice changes, but there is always that balance in the registers I love so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor Moyle View Post
I am really looking forward to seeing it and meeting John at Healdsburg.
Likewise Trevor!

Last edited by JohnM; 04-27-2011 at 11:00 AM.