View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 07:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
You can always fix the little things with the Schecter. Schecter makes some fantastic guitars, especially once you hit that ~ $800 mark (same price point as PRS SE).

You mentioned it was made in China... is it stamped that on the guitar? I think those are made in Indonesia.
Yes, on the back of the headstock.

Looking back through the "Vault" on Schecter's web site there were two Made In Indonesia versions of the C-6 Elite over the past couple years. This one has basically the same specs as those, different colors and is Made In China.

The sales person at Guitar Center said "we just got that one a couple weeks ago" so I think the change from Indonesia to China was recent.

As an aside, just spending a little while looking at guitars on each of my two visits it seemed to me that some of the China and Indonesia made entry level electric guitars were nicer than I expected. The Squiers, even the Bullet model, were kind of cheap-and-cheerful but decently put together. And this Schecter plus the next model up (C-1 Platinum) feel in my hands like real guitars and not compromises.

If and when I do move my sights up a couple notches into that $600-$1,000 range I've got to say I'll be as interested in finding Schecters to try as I am in Fenders/Squiers.

The one exception to everything I said here was Epiphone. The Les Paul and SG Epiphones seemed kind of slapped together even up at the $500 or $600 price points. The pickups sounded harsh and honky, the finish was too glossy and glopped on and the little details just did not seem well sorted.

P.S. For me whether it's acoustic or electric guitars or even mandolins, the way an instrument balances and the way the neck, fretboard and frets work together in my hands are what really makes or breaks the whole package. I think Schecter's choices for neck/fretboard/frets are much more to my liking than Fender with the more curved radius, smaller frets, etc.
Singing the I've Wasted My Whole Life Blues
---Warren Malone "Whole Life Blues"