View Single Post
Old 01-14-2022, 09:54 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikpearson View Post
I think you’re probably making the right decision, that is to return the guitar. You presumably paid a significant amount of money for this instrument and shouldn’t need to be trying to resolve the issue yourself at a cost to your time.

Acoustic guitar setup requires both knowledge and skill, and on an instrument of this calibre everything should be just right. A good tech or luthier would have been able to identify the issue quickly to determine whether or not it was a setup problem, a technique issue, or the less possibility that the saddle placement is incorrect.

One last thing: don’t let this out you off Lowden. I’ve never encountered this problem, in fact the Lowden’s I have owned have had excellent intonation, in part I suspect because of the split saddle. The O models are particularly special, offering a very unique sound for finger style playing, full of overtones and wonderful sustain.

All the best,
Thanks for the input and encouragement. It is a bit of a sour note to spend all the time to try and have it resolved locally only to have to send it back in the end. I guess it's part of not being able to travel around and try guitars in person. Next time I'll really push the shop to check intonation before it gets shipped out and hopefully I won't run into this problem again.

There is a potential chance that the dealer I purchased it from can take deep look at it and understand what's needed to fix it. If it's reasonable I would probably take the guitar back. But any major work just seems like it would starting off on the wrong foot with a new guitar.

As a side note, I was chatting with the Lowden support on their website as I purchased a few maintenance items in anticipation of keeping the guitar (called that one too early I guess.) But they seem to be very helpful and responsive and are on the look out for any contact from the dealer.