View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ludere View Post
Forgive my ignorance if this has already been suggested / done ...

G4V sounds like an outstanding program that helps some very deserving folks.

Have any of the big guitar manufacturers (or their US distribution companies) been approached to provide instruments directly to the program?

Just thinking; donating a bunch of their B-stock wouldn't cost them that much, would be a tax write-off, fantastic public relations, and most importantly, provide fine instruments that would literally change people's lives for the better
Yes, they do get great support from manufacturers. At the very least they get new guitars at a very deep discount. I’ve been a G4Vets supporter since 2011 and have donated many guitars to their programs. Each graduate gets a new guitar, gig bag, etc. The donated guitars typically are “program” guitars which the vets use when learning. Once they graduate the “program” guitar stays with the local chapter for the next vet. I believe their current sponsors include Yamaha guitars, TKL gig bags and Levy straps. They also have a new music book published by Alfreds that all grads will get. By the way, all instructors are volunteers. Most chapters can always use strings. I typically order some when there is a good sale online and have them shipped to one of the chapters I support. [ATTACH]
[/ATTACH]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D8569B29-67F8-47AF-BF5F-4F7040A54B13.jpg (44.7 KB, 29 views)

Last edited by jgmaute; 02-12-2019 at 06:18 AM.