View Single Post
Old 06-11-2019, 07:08 AM
*mahoganut*

Col - all lookin' great as always! Illuminating to see the multiple kerf as base for the bevel. I know Mike was "agin' 'em" previously - perhaps this recovers some of the top "real estate" (or at least some liveliness of that part of the top) lost by the solid base of other methods.

I'll be *very* interested in how the OO with the extra 1/4" depth sounds - although the koa may be wildcard enough that any comparison would be very limited. My Kingwood build - OO, extra depth - will follow this build structurally (not at all sure where I fall in the queue) so I'm hoping Mike learns from your build and applies it forward!

Neck - solid mahogany? Anything special on the fretboard? EVO frets, I presume? How about any special carved tuner buttons (koa would be great!! or maple...).

I still like your aborigine-inspired design he uses on headstock overlays (not always, but frequently!). Any special thoughts on those designs?

I am still enjoying my Boswell Koa/Redwood OO... hoping you end up with as tonally stunning a OO as it clearly already is visually!

Best,
Phil

Paragon RW/Macassar Ebony Baritone
Rainsong S OM1100-N2
Woolson LS RW/30s African mahogany LG 12
Baranik LS RW/"tree" mahogany OO
Baranik Blue Spruce/"tree" mahogany OM
Boswell RW/koa OO
Baranik Retreux Parlour Adi/Pumaquiro
Baranik Blue Spruce/Coco Meridian "Geo"
Baranik Blue Spruce/Kingwood OO
Woolson T13 RW/Walnut SIG