View Single Post
Old 05-03-2014, 09:28 AM

Default incredible no-brainer Mix/record software deal

I've known about "Harrison Mixbuss" for about a year and once in awhile I've seen no-brainer deals for $39.00 usually $219.00. I got curious and Googled it
yesterday and it brought up a thread at Gearslutz and sure enough another no-brainer good until May 15'th now at $19.95. Not a fully featured Daw like Cubase, Reaper, Logic etc. and sure it has some kinks, but it is fantastic for mix/mastering. You can record in it and it takes VST's(not VSTi's) but the sound. It is awesome. What many do is record and arrange in their DAW of choice, export :"stems'(audio files), then import these stems into Mixbuss. It is modeled after the famous Harrison consoles(many hit records used them) and I am hearing spot on. In many cases people haven't had to use their more expensive plugs like Compression, eq, and Tape saturation. I went to the url provided at GS, bought it in the morning, got the DL and license key in the afternoon. The install went smoothly. In fact the license was already activated with the install as the key was in the same download folder. No c/r, dongle or serial # to fuss with. So far really no isues with my 3'rd party 32 bit plugs. Harrison Mixbuss is 32 bit app for now. No Problem on my 64 bit Win 7 machine. Linux, Mac. and Windows OS.
My Pal here in town with a Project studio here in town bought it as well and no problems so far using his Uad plugs. Just wanted to give a heads up. Truly worth it, will save a lot of cash not having to buy plug-ins you may think you need to make you tracks and songs sound better. Once you get over what might seem dauting at first(the GUI), it really looks like an expensive mixer it is actually easier to get around
here is the url
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music...5-19-95-a.html
also there is a series of YT vids,
https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...rrison+mixbuss
the first one one w/o talking "shut up and mix", there is text on screen though. Is a great way to start and see what the buzz is all about. And for you Reaper users check out down the page "Reaper vs Mixbuss. That was done a year ago and now the version of mixbuss is up to 2.5

I will repeat you can record multiple tracks in mixbuss and it just might be enough of a DAW for many and for those that don't use Virtual instruments(VSTi's or AU).
I am not affiliated whatsoever with Harrison I am just like you guys/gals trying to record as best as I can