View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 09:22 AM
Charter Member

I was in a similar situation as you - I was after the impossible - a 'holy grail' sort of 00018 type guitar, but on a much lesser budget. Seemed like an absurd goal, but the search kept leading me to the Eastman OM10TC. This is Eastman's answer to the Martin Authentic line at around 1/3 of the cost.

I bought one new, sight unseen. My first ever new guitar purchase. I've had it about 6 months now and it keeps opening up, which is interesting for a thermo cured guitar. My son was playing it next to me yesterday with pretty old strings and MAN did it have fantastic tone. Just that woody mahogany goodness with the mellowed out 'snap' of the Adirondack. It is gorgeous and I love it.

I've played a slew of 00018 style guitars including the real thing. One of the finest guitars I've ever played was a Martin Authentic OM18. I have no idea how the Eastman compares, but I sure love how it sounds and I keep picking it up to play again and again.

I suspect you'll really enjoy the slope. I think SS guitars are some of the most beautiful designs. I prefer smaller guitars, but if I get a hankering for a dread one day, it will be a slope for sure and the Eastman will be top of the list.
50th Anniversary Fender Am Std Strat.
Gretsch 6120 Nashville Players in Blue.
Line 6 Helix.

If I played as much as I read threads, I'd be a pro....