View Single Post
Old 01-25-2022, 03:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljguitar View Post
HI all…

So is there an easy-to-upload, easy-to-access (and listen to on my phone) inexpensive alternative, or is SoundCloud it?

If I'm doing recordings and mostly they are for friends/family, or FaceBook (not downloadable for a price) I want simple (for listeners) and it sounds a cut above shooting a video with my phone's camera and mic.
Bandcamp can support streaming (tho likely just as low res) and can allow free downloads - just set the price to 0. Unfortunately, the interface still asks you to "buy" the track, even tho the price is 0. You Tube's another option, might actually be friendlier for listeners, tho more work for the artist - you can just have a "video" of a photo, or even a black screen. You could of course just post an audio file on your website, and people can just click to download and play, which is generally automatic. You can also set up your own streaming player, where you might have more control over the streaming quality. Of course these options won't work on facebook or here on AGF. Soundcloud and You Tube, or a link to click to download (which may be transparent, as the browser may present a player), like Rick-slo usually does, are the only AGF options as far as I know.

I'll get around to checking some of these other options (You Tube, BandCamp, Spotify) the same way. To me, You Tube sounds better than SoundCloud, at least when I upload HD or 4K videos. But others here have said You Tube sounds worse to them.

Last edited by Doug Young; 01-25-2022 at 03:55 PM.