Thread: KLOS?
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2022, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

I'm going to update my comments on the setup and add a comment on the neck angle.

I forgot everything I did for mine after I received it. It was fun to play to start but I did a fair bit of changes.

1) neck angle. It's an easy two bolt neck that is detachable. Not sure about the uke but the guitars are. This means that the neck angle can get messed up while travelling and you need to loosen the neck bolts and reset it (pretty easy). Also if it does need adjusting it's fairly easy to do with a little shimming.

2) setup. I ditched the stock bridge pins reslotted the pins and holes for a better break angle over the saddle adjusted nut slots made a new bone saddle up replaced the stock tuners with graphtec ratios put my own sound port in adjusted the relief and relevelled mutltiple frets (probably about 15 )(Not a huge amount but enough). I also moved to bluegrass gauge to get more bass.

After all that I quite like it although it's a bit boxy for sure and it is very sensitive to old strings. The strings decay gradually so it's a bit hard to tell. I tell myself wow this thing doesn't sound very good. Put new strings on and go wow ok that was what it is supposed to sound like.