View Single Post
Old 05-14-2021, 07:07 AM

Thank you fitness1 and Dognax for your comments. Again, I am going by what I have heard on internet vids. The fan bracing guitar's I've researched sound nice, really nice indeed. But very traditional (not a bad thing, more on this below).

I have been fiddling around with acoustic steel-string guitars now for quite some time. And, I love the sound of a good ol' steel string. But as life has it, I have become that "old man" I swore in my youth I would never become.

I am Hispanic, and grew up listening to the music of my grandfather and father. When I say their music I refer to what is known in the Hispanic culture as "requintos;" not to be confused with a requinto guitar (which is usually used to play bachata music), but the requinto music popularized by the many "Trios" such as Trio Los Panchos, Trio Los Tres Ases, and Trio Vegajabeño. Which when I was young, I couldn't appreciate because it was "old people" music and I vowed not to become that old man. Now with both of them gone, I have turned into the old man and listen to their music and yearn to learn to play it.

The reason I like the C12 is because from the vids I’ve heard, it appears to produce a brighter sound than the traditional Spanish guitar. While it sounds brighter, I do not get the “banjoi” sound (which I also happen to love by living in Appalachian WV for a decade). But again, I am just listening to internet vids, which is why I really appreciate your input.

Maybe it is my love for the steel-string, or maybe it is my resistance to not become a full-blown old man, but I like its brightness.