View Single Post
Old 12-08-2011, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redavide View Post
I suspect, as Rick suggested that the Lambda interface is the weak link.
I don't want to pre-empt any discussion about how to improve your recording chain, and there's plenty people here with more experience than I have, but to my ears that is a very obviously poor quality sound. It's thin, slurred, undefined, and uneven across the spectrum rather than rich, deep, balanced and with the fine detail you'd get from a better transient response. A lot of information is getting lost.

The playing is good though, and you've got some great guitars. You're in for a real treat when you get this sorted out

I'm absolutely certain you'd notice a big difference if you swap out the Lambda for a decent interface. Possibly you'll need to change mics too but I'm less sure about that. I've never really warmed to AT. Lots of people stock them and they're easy to find and I'm always suspicious that they get recommended so much simply "because it's there". I might be being completely unfair, but I can't think of an amount of money for an AT mic I wouldn't rather spend with ADK.

Incidentally, as another reference recording, here's a pair of ADK A6 showing off a guitar from dreamguitars.com. This demo of the Usbpre2 also has a nice sound. Would be even better in the raw wav without the youtube resampling. And finally, here's some nice playing from Sdelsolray.