View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischultz View Post
That more or less fails to be terrible. Very well done.
Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by islandguitar View Post
Wonderful, Tom!
Reminds me that we often pay such close attention to the sound box and bracing, choice of woods and finishes, that we miss this part of the process, despite the many thoughts concerns on action.....and how exacting all that work on the neck really must be.
Great pics.....thanks
Fred
Very true Fred. I've always said that setup and tone really go hand in hand. If someone picks up the guitar and if it's not setup properly that's not a great first impression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperB23 View Post
Very cool update Tom, thanks for the pics and description. I'm crazy excited about getting this one!!!
You should have the guitar by this time tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness1 View Post
Just got back from Tom's shop - Bobby, you are going to be happy camper, I promise!!

I took all 4 of my guitars out and Tom and I had a nice chat for a couple hours.....truly one of the nicest guys ever.
Glad you made it out Todd. It's always a pleasure meeting up with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justonwo View Post
Tom, that is just outstanding. Your work is so impressive.
Thanks Juston!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knives&Guitars View Post
Absolutely a most brilliant tactic....keeping the neck strung for a week before fretting. This makes so much sense as it is giving the wood time to stabilized.
Did you come up with this idea?
Also, Do you find any difference in sound between the Evo Gold and the stainless?
I'm sure other people have done the same method as I do before I install frets. I started doing it because it just made sense to me. I've done it for years that way. What also helped me was back in the day I would get my guitars PLEKed and the computer would do a virtual scan of the fretboard. So I could see where my problem areas were on the fretboard. When I started doing my fretboard this way they vastly improved. Far as the difference tonaly between gold evo and stainless I personally can't tell a difference.