View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 07:16 AM

I'm a big fan of Lindy Fralin's pickups too but I like the Antiquitys that Seymour Duncan handwinds in his custom shop just as much. But you don't have to spend twice as much on boutique pickups to get great tone. Just off the top of my head, I'd suggest a Seymour Duncan SSL1 for the neck and SSL-1 RW/RP for the middle. That way you'll have humcancelling when the middle pickups is combined with the neck or bridge pickup. For the bridge, the Duncan Twangbanger is a great bridge pickup with some oomph.

I'd wire it like the drawing I included. This will give you every pickup combination. You'll have a master volume and master tone. The second tone control becomes a blender pot. When you're set to the neck pickup, the blender pot blends the bridge pickup into it. When youre set for the bridge pickup, the blender pot blends the neck pickup into it.

Seagull CW w/Baggs M1 pickup...National Vintage Steel Tricone...SWR California Blonde Amp