View Single Post
Old 06-03-2019, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly Moustache View Post
Yes, I don't think we realised how great a time it was.

I've told befoer that I used to cycle from school to a venue in Twickenham to await te rollings stones arriving in their VW microbus, and help them unload and transfer stuff to the hotel on Eel Pie Island. Then I'd put Charlie's kit together, and he'd give me short lessons.
Mick used to call me "Little Andy" and I suggested some number for them, including "Poison Ivy" which they learnt for me in a week and later recioded on an ep.
I also saw Jeff Beck, Art Woods (Ronnie's bro), Alexis Korner, John Baldry, Rod Stewart, Cyril Davies and the Allstars, and John Mayall (with and without Eric (Earache)

My band opened for the Graham Bond Organisation once and Eric was on guitar, but I was more interested in Ginger Baker (who watched our set and told me I was a "good drummer" and gave me an armful of signature sticks.
I was called up on stage to back Jo-ann Kelly (me on her 12 string once).

Saw the Yardbirds often and once backing Sony Boy Wiliamson, Jimmy Page, Jeff Beck and Eric all turned up to play lead guitar, and they competed all night long, not that kind to Rice Miller!

Eric used to play an unadvertised gig at a small cricket club where my best mate lived, close to where Eric lives. Don(My pal) got in a couple of times but I didn't although I did get as gig there once.
That is so cool, Silly, to be part of a great musical movement! Some great Rock 'n Roll history.