View Single Post
Old 01-31-2022, 08:02 PM

Default TC Helicon - Fishman ToneDEQ setup

So this is what I've been using for the past 2 years. I don't use any of the harmonizer settings, just the Tone button and the reverb. In my opinion, the Tone button is what gives this it's value.

On the TC-Helicon, level set to the second mark, and the reverb set just to the right of the "Rm"

I go into the into the Fishman ToneDEQ with my guitar signal (which is basically a Loudbox headend) and take this setup everywhere I go to play. If using their soundboard, I have them leave the channels at a flat EQ for both voice and guitar, as I think the sound works perfectly like this...as I've already formed my sound prior to the board.

On the Fishman, I set the reverb delay knob to Delay 2 and set both the time and level to about 10 o'clock.

Again...this is the sound I like....tweak to whatever you think sounds good.

Going into it I have two Taylors I play, my old 314ce which is usually in open C6 or D for my Mumford songs, and my 517e in standard tuning. I will say I did change my saddle to a Bone saddle which improved the sound tremendously on my 517e (long story).

Also, I think it's worth saying, that I only have my acoustic signal run to the subwoofer....and then my acoustic and vocal run to the the main PA speakers. It is 100% worth it to have a sub.

On my Soundcraft soundboard I accomplish this by plugging the sub into the AUX 3, and only pushing the acoustic to it. The main PA speakers and sub aren't connected or daisy chained.

Hope this helps someone....it took more time than I should admit to finally find something I liked and also sounded great.

Picture of ToneDEQ and TC Helicon attached (hopefully picture works):