View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 01:33 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesmith View Post
The sad thing is, the current goal of 24000 IS the lean startup...
Not with a €10K euro mold when you can make something cheaper.

Quote:
The sound is already there. everybody loves it, an investment will make the finish quality go up. About the colored fabric, it all goes into the same mold, it does not make a difference if i cut something from roll 1 or off roll 2, its cosmetic.
It isn't lean because you have two rolls (2x cost) when you could achieve the same results with one roll.

Quote:
Do you need Yacht quality bodies? It`s a time thing. If i sold a 100 units on this crowdfunding, everybody would have a guitar in a timely manner. If i had to make the bodys too they would have to wait 3 years, which is unacceptable. 1 composite company can supply 10 bodies per week, and i have 2 companies on standby)[

It`s also an accuracy thing, if i recieve bodies to the exact same dimentions every time, i can make wooden component ahead of time. My system means that every component fits into every other component. Every fretboard fits in every body, every sound board fits in any body. This is the original design philosophy of Leo Fender (replaceble necks etc).

This method saves a huge ammount of time without sacrificing quality. You could cut 100 tops in 1 day at the bandsaw, route them to the final shape the next day, and they will fit in any body
I repeat: you have sold only one. Why do you care about volume or speed of production?

Quote:
I just have to get units out into the world, so people will see its the real deal. Then you are earning a reputation instead of projecting stuff on a crowdfunding campaign.
Ok, say you make 100. Or 1000. Do you have a dealer network ready to devote shelf space to your guitars? Who's going to do the business development to get distribution? You? If so, when will you be building those 100 or 1000 tops? Taylor had Kurt and TJ beating down dealer doors to get Taylors into stores while Bob designed guitars and built his factory.

What happens to the unsold inventory? Every builder, no matter how good or big or small, has guitars that don't sell for whatever reason. That will be a drain on your resources.

Every builder has earned their reputation one guitar at a time in the beginning. One at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlesmith View Post
I am a simply guy, i just want to build. This world is not for me, analitics, crowdfunding, economics. I did not like it but i did the work and then some. In utopia everybody can just go to the resource center and talk with experts, then he will get acces to resources, but that is not the world we live in.
If you're a "simple guy" then it means you have less know-how than actual experts who've contributed here. You've received excellent business advice and you've ignored or argued with all of it.

You're clearly unhappy because you're not doing what you want to be doing, ie building guitars. We've given you lots of alternative solutions that would have you building and actually proving your product on a real marketplace (ie not family and friends) much faster and more cheaply. Instead you're pressing on with a very elaborate, time consuming campaign trying to set up a production line for 100+ guitars before you've even built a single sellable, market-quality guitar. That's not working, and yet you're justifying your failing approach by arguing with everybody. Why?