View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Davis,

The world has always been a mad place. Plenty of folks in the past suffered from depression but we just didn't have a name for it.

I do think that the interconnected world tends to feed on itself and over exaggerate the world's problems. Not that there aren't plenty of problems. But the Great Depression and World War II were pretty big events for my parents' generation to deal with. Some people are fighters, some conclude, What's the use? Some people can go through a Nazi death camp, lose their entire families, and still fight to survive.

I have provided music for a fair number of funerals for suicides. They are incredibly sad events. I always end up deeply affected over these services and the damage done to their families. It may be that a higher percentage of people today are more prone to depression compared to those of previous generations, but I am hardly an expert.

- Glenn
I find this full of wisdom and common sense. Your post on ‘the guitarist not the guitar’ I appreciate for the same reasons. Thanks Glenn!