View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
Yes, less than the posted cost. I've purchased Taylors, Martins, and other gear from Sweetwater thru the years. My sales engineer there knows me well, and works with me on purchases. There are no instrument shops within hours of where I live that carry what I prefer, so SW gets my business. I've never been displeased with the service or price, and if there's any issue, they take care of it quickly. Ex, I purchased 2 Taylor 12e and a bose s1pro for 2 young ladies in our worship team, the bose did not sound clear, and it should as I own one. They shipped another out immediately and sent a return label for the other, no charge. Things like that. Plus they carry a lot of brands and models.
I have heard these upper end Yamaha played for years by a few artists that fly under the radar, in fact I attempted to get one 10 yrs ago but could not. I primarily play fingerstyle in dropped tunings and I prefer a balanced overall string set. I hear that in these Yamaha 36/56 models. I like a modern tone as well. I don't care for the v class Taylor tone, and many times the X braced Taylor is too strident and not balanced with the bass, it's a hit/miss buying older instruments from people and shipping these in. I prefer a 15 or 16 fretboard radius, and not a bass heavy Balance as in martin, and Goodall just has too many overtones for my preferences. Don't get me wrong, I've played some excellent guitars in all the brands I listed, but I'm looking for something different and I'm hoping the Yamaha delivers. Attempting to get that one for retirement and just play. Stop the in and out, although I have slowed the guitar buying/selling years ago. Now it's mandolins, and that's even more nuts, but I'm set there as well now.
d
Right on man. I suspect you are going to be thrilled. So when is it supposed to arrive?

This is an LJ, but just listen to this thing...my god it sounds good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YITedf3wbFs
2019 PRS Silver Sky