View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L20A View Post
Yamaha doesn't appear to be very interested in selling their higher end guitars in North America.
Perhaps they realize that they would have a hard time competing with our high end USA built guitars.

How many of us would spend over $3,000.00 for a Yamaha when you can get a Martin, Guild, or Taylor for that kind of money.

I am one that does appreciate the quality of the high end Yamaha guitars but I also know how low resale is here in the states for one of them.
But L20A...

People are willing to spend 3k and way way more for Lowden, as an example.

You have personally seen John Denver's L-53 up close and in person, so you mean to tell me that folks here in the US would not be interested in that level of instrument quality out of Yamaha, even at high high prices like Lowden gets for some of their 50 series custom instruments?, or Martin for their D-41/42/45 series instruments...or Santa Cruz, or Bourgeois, or Collings, to name a few, who also build at that upper end price/quality level?

Yamaha's build and wood quality is second to none at every price level they build and sell in.

Really...again...I think it is mostly that Yamaha just does not really care all that much about the US high end market. They make very limited production numbers, and do a lot of custom order work, but they can sell all that they can build right there at home in the Asian market, and now with China opening up in a big way for the consumer guitar market, Yamaha has more than enough demand in the Orient to keep them very busy.

It is definitely too bad for us though...they make some amazing instruments at the high end.

duff
Be A Player...Not A Polisher

Last edited by mcduffnw; 11-17-2019 at 12:28 PM. Reason: add content