View Single Post
Old 11-17-2019, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darylcrisp View Post
It's new, and I do live in the states. Sweetwater had this one. They show the 56 but not in stock. I would think they are a high volume dealer in the brand, so maybe they are taking a chance on these upper end models.
d
Yup, they do bring them in not built to order (as you clearly know)...and they do definitely sell...A few months back they had both an LL36 and LL56 in stock and ready to ship...Now they are both showing more on the way, with the 36 arriving very soon...I have never directly watched the status of their LS series on Sweetwater...I almost bought from Sweetwater when they had them in stock, and then I thought better of it for cross border reasons, potential warranty handling issues etc...

Cool. Post up your thoughts for sure. I for one would love to hear them, and I know many others on here would as well. Thanks.

Just out of curiosity, what made you "take the chance" with that level of money and not go the standard American Gibson/Taylor/Martin route...What was the thought process in your head, the factors, reasoning, etc...?

I'm always curious, because I am well aware that people like us are bucking the trend.

Also, without talking exact numbers, were you able to get your LS36 for less than Sweetwater's advertised price of 2800 US?

Here in Canada there is typically zero negotiation to be had on these higher end Yammies...Special order, and you pay the price 3500 CND for a 36 level and 5000 CND for a 56 level. I only managed to get a substantial discount on a 56 directly from Yamaha Canada due to the fact that they botched my 36 order after my waiting 5 months for it.

Cheers
2019 PRS Silver Sky

Last edited by Dbone; 11-17-2019 at 12:24 PM.