View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:06 AM
Charter Member

I received some emails about this guitar already and thought I would share a response I wrote to someone:

I am definitely beyond satisfied with the sound of my Kostal. It is hands down the finest guitar I've ever played!

Before my Kostal, my Brazilian/Cedar Omega was my favorite guitar. it had the easiest playability and such a warm tone. My Ryan Cathedral had this rich and dark powerful voice. I told Jason, I want both of these in my new guitar and I want that Haunting Somogyi tone as well. I also wanted the German top to play like a cedar just like the Somogyi.

Jason did all that and more! I feel each of the guitars in this one. Everything is there! How did he do it? I don't know, but it blows my mind. He built me EXACTLY what I was asking and looking for!

Its hard to say what is my favorite sound right now because the Kostal is just one week old and my Omega is close to ten years old and my Cathedral is about 5 years old. But I would say the Kostal is my favorite at this point and as the guitar matures, it will definitely only get better!

The Kostal is a german top and it plays like a cedar. It just plays flawlessly and intonation is spot on. The guitar really has each and every part I wanted from the other guitars I played. But I think what helped is that Jason is a player and he was able to play my other guitars before building me this one. He takes time to listen and as a great player, he understands what you are looking for in that aspect.

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D