View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 08:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevWind View Post
I remember it as if it was yesterday (what some claim about the 60's is in my experience not really true )

Yes I was really there, Spring of 1967 and the Portland Oregon FM stations picked up and started playing Morning Dew covered by the Grateful Dead.

Not their biggest hit by any means and not what most "Dead Heads" will muse about . But even though a cover, I think it is the epitome of the "Dead Sound" and first pushed the Dead (and how they would define and their music) into the public awareness . I bought the first Dead Album because of that song , I never really became a Dead Head but I started playing that song in 67 and still do today.
The part about the 60s is very true, but it is still fun to say.

My older brother is a rabid Dead Head, complete with all the secret signs and hand shakes, and even flying to Grateful Dead concerts. He claims that the studio albums "suck" and that the only way to experience the Dead is to attend a live concert. Well, too late for that.

I never got into the Dead, probably because I was just a bit too young for the whole hippie scene by a couple of years. In hindsight, I am glad because some, like my brother, seem to be stuck in that time warp and seem to be constantly reliving it instead of grabbing onto the life around them today.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...