View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 11:03 AM
Charter Member

Some impressive rooms / collections here. Mine's a lot more modest. First, my permanent spot, where we LIVE, near Philly:

Here's the space, with the electrics living on the wall by the amp, where it's easy to keep them plugged in (or now, to keep the wireless transmitters well charged), and acoustics on a couple of doors across the way (one shown, the other out of the frame to the right). The electric setup is all current, except for the tele in pieces on the stool - that one was just visiting. The acoustics have changed completely - I took this before I knew about carbon fiber.

untitled-2-13 by Ray, on Flickr

So here are my current Emeralds, which have replaced the wooden acoustics. Two of them live on the door hangers, the littlest older model X7 is probably gonna live with my older daughter and her partner once she decides where she'll start her full time doctoring career - she's finishing her residency over the next few months. So I'll have something to play when we do some extended visits wherever that's gonna be (Maine or Oregon are the likely landing spots). Nothing better than relatively inexpensive carbon fiber for that kind of duty.

Emerald Collection by Ray, on Flickr

We spend three months each winter on the Carolina Coast in a little rental condo, near our other daughter and her fiancé. Here's the much more abbreviated guitar area in that place. But frankly, I really dig this minimalist setup - no time wasted thinking about which guitar to play or why. Just grab the electric or acoustic and play. I could easily live with one acoustic and two electrics and may get down to that, or closer to it, someday...

unnamed by Ray, on Flickr

-Ray

Last edited by raysachs; 01-18-2019 at 01:36 PM.