View Single Post
Old 03-14-2017, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Thanks! I think we're all starting to converge on the right systems for our needs. The Maui 5 looks good to me too. We don't have any here to test. And, for me, the real advantage of the Harbinger was the ability to play through it, trade my stuff, and walk out the door with it - $100 poorer. If I had been starting from scratch, I might have ordered a Turbosound, Maui, Nano, etc. online from a store with a return policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Thomann HQ is "only" a 5hr drive and I have the ability to test all of the above including the RFC Evox 5 which is similar to the Maui 5, IP500 etc. BUT it costs double than that of the Maui 5. Since I am starting from scratch I need to keep costs down so I can get a good mic and mixer as well. For the last 15 years I have only been a guitar player with a guitar......or two......or five but who's counting? So now I am ready to go out and do my own thing but I need sound reinforcement that works great at home and at small gigs. I may just order the Maui 5 sight unseen and unheard. I know if I do go to Thomann I will be bringing home more than just a P.A. Say hello to guitar #6 and #7 and my wife threatening divorce. Lol