View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampix View Post
First off, I’m a little confused Roger. Are you both Rogerblair and rbpicker?

Secondly, I’ve had the same struggle and ended up in the same place. I’m primarily an acoustic player (50+ years) but dabble with electrics on and off. I’ve had and sold Les Pauls, SG’s, an Epiphone hollow body, Strats, a Tele and a couple of US G&L’s. All good guitars but none have stuck around.

All I have now is a Squier Strat that I bought off EBay for $48. Like you I enjoy working on guitars so I’ve changed tuners, pu covers, knobs, pickguard, pots, caps, switch and jack with US made components. I also rewired everything with vintage style push-back wire. I’d planned on changing the pickups but they sound fine after all the other upgrades. I’m at $130 invested. It completely satisfies my occasional rock star ambitions and isn’t worth enough to consider the effort to sell it.

Oh, and my 2 amps are a Mustang 2 and a 5W Bugera. I seem to play through the Mustang the most.

Photo evidence;

Yes, rogerblair and rbpicker…one and the same. Not sure how that happened, but….

My Bugera has an attenuator,,, a switch that goes from .5 watt, to 1 watt, to a whopping 5 watts. Or maybe that’s not what an attenuator is…don’t know much about the technical electric side of the fence.

Glad to read about others who have taken a similar route as I have to achieve occasional electric guitar bliss.

And, I don’t know how to post pics on this forum without “hosting” them someplace. Other forums allow posting from my computer, but not this one. ?????
Roger