View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 04:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stratcat77 View Post
This may sound really weird to some, but I'll bet some will understand?

When I first became infatuated with guitars, THE guitar I dreamed of owning was a Les Paul. I can't explain it without sounding like a silly boy infatuated with a beautiful girl, but I was stricken by its beauty. It was so far out of my reach financially during my early younger years of playing that all I could do was dream about it! I'll admit that even today, when I see a Les Paul, for a brief moment I get that feeling again. It's really strange!!! Ha ha.

All that said, I've owned a few LPs over the years, but as a player I always gravitated to the Strat (as my forum name suggests) because of comfort and variety of tones.
Totally get it. When I was a kid and pictured myself up on a stage, it was always with a Les Paul!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmp View Post
Must have been a total shock to see that. But once they can get to a good repair tech, it's back in service.
For sure. It's funny because years later I saw one in a shop in Denmark St. that had a similar top and burst to mine, and when I looked at it closely, the headstock had clearly been reattached. I checked with the guy who bought mine and he still had it, so it wasn't the same guitar but it looked spookily similar and had obviously suffered the same failure.

Yamaha MIJ CJX32
Avalon L32
Avalon A32 Legacy
Lowden 022
Gibson J-185
Takamine TNV360sc
Cole Clark Fat Lady 3