View Single Post
Old 01-03-2017, 09:31 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadfulnaught View Post
Ironic part is that the back and sides just don't have much to do with the sound. Even if they did affect sound much, EIR has an identical density to BR and should conduct sound in a similar fashion. I think there are three things that have led to Braziliomania. First, the idea that if you can't get it, or at least get it legally, it must be better. I call that one Cuban Cigar Syndrome. Second, Martin coincidentally changed the bridgeplate at about the same time the BR started to run out, and it was a tone killer. Their quality also dropped around then, and I think people falsely associated both with the use of EIR. Third, several other major acoustic manufacturers were bought out by corporations (Gibson by Norlin, Gretsch by Baldwin) and again, quality and sound suffered.
I personally like laminated b/s guitars better for some purposes.(ducks quickly)
Honestly I have no issue with laminate B&S guitars and think they sound great if well built. I do become a snob when it comes to laminate tops. Don't like those at all.
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb