View Single Post
Old 02-18-2020, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
Yes, our Canadian winters can bring on dryness in the winter and humidity in the winter. I don't think I've ever played a CF guitar before ... actually, perhaps once at a store but I really can't recall.
Hey Dru. My spouse is retiring soon, and we'll likely be on the move (and we're again considering the RV "snowbird thing"), so I decided to try one of these "indestructibles" and have now jumped in with both feet. Just before the holiday I took RP's Rainsong hybrid off his hands and, to be blunt, I fell in love with the sound.

I've always been drawn to warm fundamental tones and have been happiest with cedar or redwood on mahogany or walnut but these CF instruments take it to the N'th degree...a crisp, clean, direct, warm and fundamental tone that really pleases my ear. Shortly after the holidays I had a chance to take a '15 Emerald X7-OS from a friend. The parlour was too small for my needs and I sold it right away but it gave me the build quality info that I needed to order an X30. I ordered it with 25.5" to 27" fan frets to replace my Crosby fan fret baritone (someone made me an offer that I couldn't refuse).

Now I've ordered another Rainsong, the new Nashville jumbo with the spruce/CF fused tops. So I'll shortly, within a couple of weeks for the Rainsong and, hopefully, by late spring for the Emerald, have three CF guitars...you're welcome to stop by anytime to try them out.

Phil

I play Crosby, Emerald, Larrivée, Lowden, Rainsong & Tacoma guitars.
Check out my Guitar Website. See guitar photos & info at my Guitars page.