View Single Post
Old 06-08-2003, 09:12 PM

Guys,

Let me help a little here. I started playing and taking lessons a little over a year ago. I met Chip Evans (evan256 here on the forum) a couple of months ago. He is a pure pro!

My lessons went well the first year with my first teacher (or so I thought). I learned a lot of stuff but was getting board very quickly. Chip turned this around overnight.

Simply, I wish my first instructor had taught me this simple theory.

In the Key of G we are going to learn for chords.

The I, IV, V, and the VI (as a relative minor). This means the G is the I, the C is the IV, the D is the V, and the Em is the VI.

There are only about 200 songs you can then learn to play if you get this. You can then use the same basic song writing theory for other keys.

Let the kid sing his favorite song and then back himself up with the guitar. If you can't figure this out get with Chip (evan256). You are waisting time, energy, and possibly turning someone off. Learn the guitar as a backup to a little singing and you can play hundreds and hundreds of songs!

You can capture the essence of almost any song using this method. You will be amazed at how quick your little fellow becomes the next.....?