View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 10:38 PM

Default List Me An Affordable Home Set Up

So I used to record songs as a teenager on my laptop using a very cheap 2 input interface that plugged into my computer and a very cheap mic, don't remember what kind. Still have it somewhere but I'm missing some stuff for the interface, the cord. I want to start recording again just for fun as over the last 15 years I've written a lot and just let it die away and get forgotten.

I have a Mac laptop, as well as a pc, but I will use the Mac as it has GarageBand on it.
I might track down a cord for my interface as budget is a big deal, unless the interface is going to have more impact on sound than the mic?

So, money is definitely an object. Can I get a half decent mic for $200 or less? Something that will record guitar well but can also handle vocals? I could use my old mic for vocals and a new one for guitar, then I could record both tracks at once.

How do I record for stereo, not mono btw? (please don't stone me for my ignorance).

So, feel free to suggest specific mics, interfaces if you think its important to upgrade, and even software if need be.

Thanks