View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesKing777 View Post
Nice thesis, thanks Dave!

I think you have summed the things up very nicely. I had K&Ks installed with Tonedexter as the end use, but after reading various ‘stuff’, I have plugged direct. “Oh?” It must sound better up louder? ‘Dead duck’ was my first thought.
Tonedexter rules, ok!

A better sound MO YMMV etc etc... is the Maton AP5-Pro pickup system in most new Matons. I now have 3 Matons! Sen-sation-al! Place the bath plug in the soundhole (rubber feedback eliminator) and wind the sep vols for pickup and mic to full, or even 11, ala Tommy E, cut the mids with sweeping mid control, bass, treble, master....pretty cool. TE pluggs direct to a splitter box.

But they all cry, what if I want to play my Zippie 500? K&K or a Baggs Soundhole is easy. Harder is Sunrise and buffer box and EQ and preamp. (As I already have this, I just got a Dimarzio Black Angel to go in my OM and run it through the buffer etc. great, great sound but.....mag)

So a question for the Taylor players......I have read that the ES2 is more or less a K&K with preamp onboard. What is this like in the Tonedexter? (Interested in trying the Grand Pacific 717e, especially if it sounds good in TD!)

BluesKing777.
I don't have any more Taylors with ES2. I like that pickup very much. It is essentially a K&K sound with a preamp. SpruceTop did some testing with ES2 and ToneDexter and was impressed, if I recall. PM him and ask? I'm interested in the new 717e myself. I had the chance to demo a pre production version that was great. However, the release videos of the final product didn't have a lot of low end. So, I'm waiting until I can play the production version.