View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 07:40 PM
Charter Member

Hey Wad,

The truth is, there are only two types of beer. Ales and Lagers. There are many varieties of each type, but that’s really it.

Stella is a lager. Specifically a Pilsner, which is a reference to the Bohemian city of Pilsen, where it was first produced.

The difference between the two types can be hard to understand.
Simply put, lagers are brewed using bottom-fermenting strains of yeast held at colder temperatures (around 40-52°F), while ales are brewed with a top fermenting yeast that operates at warmer temperatures (around 55-77°F, usually). There are, and can be many other differences, but that’s it in a nutshell.

So what’s this got to do with your question? Practically nothing. But the thread was going this direction, so I wanted to add some clarification.

I would suggest you try a pale ale. Maybe Dales Pale Ale (Colorado),
Fist City (Chicago), or as someone suggested, Sierra Nevada (California).

Though all three are ales, my recommendation is based on flavor. None of the three will have your taste buds confused or seem unfamiliar.
Stella is around 5.2% ABV, Sierra around 5.5 and Dales is around 6.5.
None of these “taste strong” in my opinion, and all are clean and refreshing as is the Stella.

Try one or all. You might just enjoy them all.

Mark
Guitars; Esteban -"Tribute to Paula Abdul L.E." Arturo Fuente- Cigar Box"Hand Made" First Act-"Diamond Bling" Main Street- "Flaming Acoustic" Silvertone-"Paul Stanley Dark Star" Daisy Rock- "Purple Daze"