View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles Tauber View Post
Take it to a professional for a setup. He or she will be able to determine if you have enough saddle height to lower it to achieve your preferred string height. He or she should also check the string height at the nut and lower it if it is high.

The truss rod is there only to adjust the amount of curvature in the neck, not to adjust string height.

If you want to take measurements of the string height on the guitar who's action you like, and take measurement on the one that is too high, you can determine how much the one that is too high needs to be lowered and if there is enough saddle to do so. If you want to do that, I can tell you how to do so.

Thats a good point! I should try to compare the height of mine to one I enjoy playing. I was also looking around for some "low tension" strings so I might try a set of those next time I switch them and see if it helps. I think overall I'm just gonna take it to someone when I get the chance, it's just a bit of a drive to the nearest guitar luthier so I've been putting it off.

Thanks for the help!