View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 02:58 PM

I used to own a Micro Terror, and its a fantastic little amp for what it is and for the money it costs.
Its not a 2000€ Rockerverb, but that is to be expected.

It is incredibly loud for a 20W hybrid amp, loud enough for a drummer for sure.
It does sound good too, and while it is missing some of the bottom end of a big iron tube amp, it does its job very well for what it is.

It has the Orange signature sound, the strong low mids and the "fuzzy" gain, that is typical for that brand. Its admittedly a one-trick pony, but it does that trick quite well. Cleans are not really possible at band loudness, but you don't buy an Orange for clean sounds anyway IMHO.

The shape knob is the only thing I didn't like, I much prefer a 3-band EQ.
It does work in dialing quite an array of different sounds, but is ultimately limiting compared to a real EQ.

And it needs an overdrive as boost in front if you wanna play metal, not quite enough gain and a little loose in the bottom end. But many amps need that.

You can get a really nice AC/DC type crunch out of it, and many other classic rock sounds. Hard rock even, with some hot pickups.

It is definitely a real, useable amp - if you can get one for a decent price used, don't hesitate.

And about a dozen electrics

New/Old Gibby owners here UNITE! Let's see em!