View Single Post
Old 07-14-2021, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
The UltraTonic is a great pickup for this - I primarily play my Santa Cruz F (maple/sitka) going straight into my amp or even right into the mixer, with a lead guitarist playing his Tele thru a Fender, electric bass going into a 2 cabinet set-up, drummer, and another vocalist - since upgrading my K&K to the UltraTonic, I've had zero issues with feedback, and my signal sounds great - I even have a Santa Cruz baritone, with an Ultrasonic that I can play with the band with no feedback and great tone. I can run it thru the Tonedexter if I want, but when you have a Tele and bass cranked up, and drummer as well, lets just say the finer nuances of my fine acoustics get lost in the mix most of the time anyway - so I play them just because I like the way they feel, play, and sound, even if its lost on everyone else. But they used to notice pretty quickly if the feedback started -
If the OP is looking at $7-900 guitars, a $400 pickup doesn't make much sense.