View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Rance View Post
Wow! He's a nice old fella and played a lot too by the look of him. That will be a great project to bring back to life in partnership with a restoring luthier. No cracks on top in photo. That's a big thing. Regal Guitars 1896 to 1954. Then just a brand. See Wikipedia article. I'm guessing pre1954 then. Any more info from family sources? Has the label come off? Is it inside the soundbox? Or maybe the case?

My Regal RC51 would like to meet him but I dont think they'd speak the same language!!!
Thank you Mr. Rance.
I think you've got it right about the history and at one point Fender bought the brand but I don't think they every did anything with it.
In 1985 or there abouts it was sold to someone who now makes them in North Korea.
My brother bought it from a music store here in McAllen new. That was in the mid to late 60s. I don't think it's any older than that though. There's no label inside or any SN anywhere on the neck or anywhere else that I can see.

When it was new it had such a rich mellow tone that which made me fall in love with this size of guitar.

Thanks again
Ron