View Single Post
Old 04-19-2021, 10:21 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
From one gear collector to a potential other, gear comes and goes. What would it hurt? But then you're gonna need a mic, a mic cable, and a mic stand too.
You mean you don't already own these things? Mic, cable, and stand?
I've been trying to decide if I need something other than my PA, and PA speakers that sound sooooo good. Haven't found one yet that can compare to 15" JBL's.
I get the ease of setup. Hard for me to go from my stage mentality. To solo performance, coffee shop type situations. With limited space.
I am realizing I could get more gigs (when things open up). If I don't need 15 feet square of space for one guy.
And todays music, mostly being heard on little cell phone speakers or ear buds. The average citizen today don't know, or can't remember the difference of a quality PA vs little Acoustic combo amp.
At home, I'll continue to use my PA for sure. Played nothing but on a PA for as long as I've been playing acoustic on stage. Since early 80's.
But opening up to the idea of something more portable, for gigging.
More than what it may make my guitar sound like. I'm most concerned about quality of vocal reproduction. I didn't like the 12" speakers.