View Single Post
Old 04-17-2021, 09:04 AM
Charter Member

Yes Jack has taken lengths to provide good input about the versatility of these guitars. The key word being versatile. Gretsch has it in spades.

The 5000 series work for me because I don't mind taking them out to shows, and I don't feel that I'm sacrificing in sound, playability, etc. I just love the sound of my 5420t through the ol' Fender Deville. I can get the classic rockabilly sounds that I love, along with any type of rock or country sound that I desire.

Admittedly, I GAS for some of the pro series guitars, and hope to add a couple of them sometime in the future, but for now, my working man guitars will be the Electromatics. They are impressive, and the cost makes them a no brainer for me. The build quality is off the charts. They are durable and road worthy. Of course, the same can be said of either series.

If I were more of a collector I would dive right into the 6000's. Not that they are only for collectors. They are fantastic pro player's guitars, and I believe a bit better, perhaps refined, than the 5000's. Are they better enough to justify the extra cost? I think so, but everyone has to be their own judge...While I mention that, I also want to mention the 5000's are more than "good enough". They are excellent, and I am very happy with mine.